The goal of this app is as a demonstration of my ability to write android native code that interfaces with OpenGL
Here’s the list of what I completed:
- The app relies on the module vr_mod_1.
- The app uses RelativeLayout and several other UI elements to implement a YouTube like UI.
- The UI adjusts itself for both screen size and orientation.
- The app uses the JNI to implement C++ code, which is kept in the module vr_mod_1.
- In the init() function of GLView of vr_mod_1, the native functions stringFromJNI() and jniCallback(Runnable) are used
- The function stringFromJNI() relies on vr_mod_2 to call vr_mod_2::hello_mod_2().
- The jniCallback native function runs a Runnable object taken as a parameter from Java.
- The native functions init() and resize(int width, int height) use OpenGL to render a triangle natively.
- The module vr_mod_1 uses Gradle split builds to build different apk’s per ABI.
I wrote this app.